We were all newcomers to the hobby once! We were all unsure about machines, etiquette, permission, insurance, recording finds…the list goes on! Here is a brief “How to Guide” to joining our society.
- Get in touch, come along to a meeting, contact us through this website or our Facebook page.
- You can join our Guest List between May – December, see if we all get on and if you like the hobby.
- You can apply for full membership between January & April each year subject to our membership limit of 50.
- What can you do for us? Any Club or Society is just the sum of its members. We love volunteers!!
- Learn new skills, help out, meet new people, enjoy the countryside and maybe even find exciting things untouched for millennia.
I joined the Society in 2010 as a real "newbie" to the hobby. The committee & members were welcoming and supportive and I haven`t looked back since.