Society Membership runs calendar year January to December and is priced at £25 for detecting members (including NCMD Insurance) and £5 for numismatists.
Membership is capped at 50 detecting members & unlimited numismatic members.
Full detecting members receive access to Club Farms, totaling approx 600+ acres of land. Access is solely based on the terms & conditions for each farm and all rules must be followed regarding land conditions, access & parking.
Members are expected to attend at least 6 meetings per year, or send apologies. A lot of work and cost goes into booking speakers, venues and events.
Our monthly meetings are held on the First Thursday of the month. Meetings are open to all & free to attend, it is a great opportunity to learn about the two hobbies.
Meetings start at 7.30pm until 9.00pm and include:
- A speaker – Generally based around archaeology, coins, agriculture & local history.
- Refreshments – Kindly provided by #teamhughes for a donation to Society funds.
- A Library – Kindly organised by Mr Mark Harper – for LCSS Members Only.
- Our Finds Liaison Officer leaves her post at the end of July 2019, until a replacement is in post the Society will take responsibility for recording all qualifying finds.
- January`s meeting is our Annual General Meeting.
- December`s meeting is our Christmas Social.
- June`s meeting is our Summer Social.